Prof. Alasdair J C Cook - BVM&S, MSc, DipECVPH, CertPM, MRCVS
Head of Department of Veterinary Epidemiology & Public Health
School of Veterinary Medicine - Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences University of Surrey – United Kingdom
Prof. Dr. Bernd-Alois Tenhagen - Dipl. ECAR & ECBHM
Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung Fachgruppe Epidemiologie, Zoonosen und Antibiotikaresistenz Abteilung Biologische Sicherheit
Unit Epidemiology, Zoonoses and Antimicrobial Resistance Department Biological Safety-Federal Institute for Risk Assessment – Germany
Dr. David Hamilton
Sardi Food Safety Research, Plant Research Center - Australia
Prof. Dr. Diana Meemken, Dipl. ECPHM
Juniorprofessur für Food-borne Zoonoses
Institut für Lebensmittelqualität und -sicherheit
Stiftung Tierärztliche Hochschule Hannover – Germany
Prof. Dr. Lis Alban, DVM, PhD
Chief Scientist Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC)
Adjunct Professor at the University of Copenhagen - Denmark
Prof. Dr. Luis Gustavo Corbellini, MsC, PhD
Associated Professor Epidemiology
Preventive Veterinary Department, Veterinary Faculty
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil
Prof. Dr. Maria Madalena Vieira Pinto, DVM, Ms, PhD
Departamento Ciências Veterinárias
Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro - Portugal
Prof. Dr. Peter Davies BVSc, PhD
Professor, Swine Health and Production
Department of Veterinary Population Medicine
University of Minnesota - USA
LIST OF APPROVED ABSTRACTS:
The deadline for abstracts is May 02nd, 2017 (local time). Abstracts must be submitted electronically ONLY to: http://www.safepork2017.com.br
The presenting author must be registered in the conference.
Choose one of the following proposed session topics:
1. Epidemiology of foodborne pathogens and zoonotic diseases in the pork production chain and “One Health” approach.
2. Surveillance and control of foodborne pathogens at pre-harvest and post-harvest level (including consumer education on food safety) and their economic impact.
3. Antimicrobials in swine production, antimicrobial resistance, alternative strategies to antimicrobial use.
4. Detection of pork hazards and innovation in the pork chain: diagnostics, data and monitoring.
5. Meat Inspection, quality, hygiene, safety and preservation.
6. Risk Assessment and risk communication in food safety.
• All abstracts must be written in English (maximum 300 words).
• By submitting the abstract, the submitting author officially declares he has the consent of all co-authors.
• The submitting person will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is in charge of informing the co-authors about the status of the abstract.
• The following information must be reported in the form: Presenter’s first name and family name, institution and e-mail address. For the other authors: name, family name, Institution or Company, email.
• The content of the abstract must be relevant to the topic of the congress.
• The author will have to confirm his agreement to present an oral communication or a poster, if selected.
• The title of the abstract should be short but descriptive. The title should be no longer than the "Title Field"(maximum 25 words).
• The abstract text should be no longer than the “abstract field” 300 words (one page). Tables and figures cannot be added.
• The abstract must use correct grammar and punctuation.
• No change by the authors will be possible after the submission deadline.
• No commercial names (brand names, product names) shall be mentioned in the abstract title.
The presenting author will be notified of acceptance up to May 17th, 2017
To send the work you must first make your registration for the event. Completed your registration you can now register your abstract by clicking on "Abstracts".
HOW TO SAVE NA ABSTRACT’S DRAFT
Attention! You can leave your resume saved as a draft, this allows you to come back later and edit your resume. If you want to do this, complete all the data and DO NOT click "Send abstracts." In this way it will be saved as a draft, your resume will not be submitted nor registered. To edit it you simply access your registration with the email and password and go to abstract area.
SENDING THE ABSTRACT
By clicking "Send abstracts": this will send your resume. With this you will NOT BE ABLE to edit it, just view it.
You can send any number of abstracts: just click on "Click here for abstract submission" for each new abstract you want to send.
Abstract submission deadline: May 2nd, 2017 (local time)
Expanded abstract submission deadline: June 30th 2017 (local time)
After selection, an updated version of the expanded abstracts will have to be dropped off by the website.
All expanded abstracts must be written in English (in Times New Roman 12, single spaces between lines), and be in standard letter size (21.59 cm x 27.94 cm).
The expanded abstract includes: The expanded abstract includes: Title / Authors / Introduction / Material and methods / Results and Discussion / Conclusion. Two Tables and two figures can be added.
Go to http://www.safepork2017.com.br your personnal account:
· The updated expanded abstracts have to be dropped off before June 30th 2017
· The authors who will present oral communications or posters have to register as soon as possible. The presenting authors will have to pay the registration fee before June 19th 2017
· The expanded abstract will be published only if one of the authors is registered to Safepork2017
You will have 10 min for your presentation and 5 minutes for questions.
All the posters will display during the three days of the symposium in the poster room.
The authors have to bring their poster.
The size of the posters is A0, length 841mm X high: 1189 mm maximum.
The attachment system is provided by the organisation.